About Me

My photo
Missouri
40 something married for 20 years 7 children ages 2-23 youngest 4 adopted

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Home Again

Returning home from vacation is somehow not as exciting as leaving for vacation. I left my house spotless so "I wouldn't have anything to clean" when we got home. Who was I trying to kid?? With 8 people on vacation, when all the overstuffed suitcases threw up all over the house there was plenty to clean!! The kids were all very cranky because they had just lost two hours of the day just flying over the Midwest. When we got in the SUV to drive home from the airport, we discovered it was a little sickly and when the speed dropped below 40, it would shake like an old lady. I just prayed that if the engine was going to fall out, it would wait until we were in our driveway! Luckily we made it home and our mechanic neighbor fixed it that night. Apparently we got a lot of rain while we were in AZ and rain pooled on a part of the engine that doesn't appreciate water! Go to pick up the dogs at the kennel the next morning and they all acted like they had no manors at all. My lab practically dragged me to the car and sat so close to me I had to breathe dog breath the entire 20 minute drive home! The puppy put her foot right into my soda and got sticky wet stuff al over the inside of my car! Oh well.......... everyone was happy to get the dogs home, everyone but the cats that is! It takes a vacation to make you realize how happy you are in your home. I do love it here! We have nice neighbors, great schools, very very low crime, if any really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Visits from my friends

My Blog List

Find the blogs of your friends

Followers